Thursday, October 31, 2013

Health Update

Yesterday I had the biopsy on my thyroid.   I was scared to death but the meds my doctor prescribed helped a lot!  I had a numbing cream to spread on my neck 30 minutes prior to the procedure and a pill to keep me relaxed.

A needle was inserted to extract the sample about 4 times while the doctor's assistant used the sonogram to direct where to get the sample.  Then I had to wait for a while for them to make sure they had enough samples.  Of course they didn't and I had to have 3 more insertions. 

Afterwards I was groggy and my throat and neck were very sore.   But today I am feeling a lot better with less discomfort.

My brother took me to the doctor and my nephew came over to get my dinner prepared. My sister-in-law messaged and called to see if I needed anything.
I am truly blessed, even with ALL my health issues, because I have sooo many great people who love, support and care for me.

My biopsy result is next week...stay tuned 

No comments:

Post a Comment