Tuesday, September 24, 2013

One Crazy Evening

It's one of those crazy evenings, my throat suddenly started to spasm.  I have had spasms on my neck, shoulder, arms, legs quite often but can't recall having it on my throat.
Usually I would be scared out of my wits but although  I was a bit apprehensive I decided to stay calm.  I drank tea and took muscle relaxant but nothing helped.  So here I am at midnight, a bit scared to go to sleep and yet very tired. 

My life since 2008 has been a roller coaster.  I try not to think what will happen to me from one minute to the next.  Literally things can change that fast!
I find that the more stress I have the worse my symptoms and new ones just appear.  Staying stress free is easier said than done. Can't control other people and the crazy ideas that they toss at you unexpectedly.   

I find that my BEST days even with lots of pain are the ones that are stress free.

So it's morning and I survived ( I thought the spasms would cut off my breathing while I slept and I would die).    I still have ongoing spasm on my neck and throat and writing this helps to distract me from the discomfort.  It is a super weird feeling. 
I am going to call my neurologist later this morning to see what my next step should be.

In the meantime I have decided to try more deep breathing and meditation to help cope with my stress and my illness.  
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment